Our contact details
Name: Rightio Subcontractors Ltd
Address: Trigate, 210 - 222 Hagley Road West, Oldbury, B68 0NP.
Phone Number: 0808 208 1009
Date this privacy notice was completed: 25/07/2022
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
Basic personal information such as:
- Your name
- Your title (i.e., Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Dr etc.).
Contact information such as:
- Landline phone numbers
- Mobile phone numbers
- Email addresses
Property information such as:
- The address
- The postcode
- The type of property
- The number of rooms in the property
- The type of boiler
- The date of the last boiler inspection and when it is next due
- The personal and contact information of the property owner
Company information such as:
- Company registration name
- Company registration number
- Organisation name
Incident information such as:
- What the issue is
- What needs repairing
- Any previous history of the issue or servicing
Financial information such as:
- Preferred method of payment
- Partial credit/debit card details - full details are kept by Stripe / Square
- Partial bank details - full details are kept by GoCardless
Website stats such as:
- Pages visited
- Terms searched for to get to the site
- Time spent on a page
- Areas of a page read/interacted with
- Elements/links clicked
- Whether the user is a robot
Call information such as:
- The phone number dialled
- The phone number of the caller
- A recording of the conversation
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- We've asked for basic personal information over the phone or on a form.
- We've asked for contact information over the phone or on a form.
- We've asked for property information over the phone.
- We've asked for company information if the job is for a business.
- We've asked for incident information over the phone.
- We've asked for payment information over the phone or in person when an engineer has arrived on site. We ask for payment information to charge you for the engineer's work and time.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Google Search Console when a search from Google has led a user to our site.
- Google Recaptcha when a user confirms they are not a robot upon filling a form.
- Puzzel when a customer has called us or when we've called a customer.
- An API from email validator to verify email addresses provided are correct.
- An API from unified software to verify bank details provided are correct.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Address you by the correct name.
- Contact you to provide updates on your job, ask for payment and, should you allow for us to contact you for marketing purposes, provide marketing content such as offers once the job is complete.
- Identify where the property is located (and if necessary which company the job is for) and what kind of property the engineer should expect to find.
- Identify the incident in question so that the engineer knows what needs doing when he arrives on site.
- Contact the property owner for permission to work at the property and establish if there are sufficient grounds to do the job.
- Receive payment once an engineer has completed the work for a job. Partial payment information such as the last few digits of a card number or bank account number are used to determine the method of payment used and the card/account the payment came from. Full payment details are kept by Stripe, Square or Go Cardless.
- Confirm the user who filled out a form is not a robot so as to focus on genuine customers and reduce dealing with spam as much as possible.
- Monitor what search terms lead users to our site and what pages they were led to in order to better improve the content of our site and target more relevant keywords.
- Monitor what pages users visit most, how long they're on these pages and what pages produce the most call/form fills so we know if any pages are performing as well as expected.
- Monitor what areas of a page the user interacts with the most (i.e., what parts they will click or read the most). This is to help us make any design improvements to the site so that we can help other customers out in the future.
- To record any phone calls in order to refer to if a complaint should be raised and to help train and improve staff.
- To log any API requests or interactions with our internal systems for the purposes of debugging and attempting to find the cause of any technical issues that may arise.
We may share this information with:
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep basic personal information, contact information, property information, company information and incident information until you request for it to be removed from our system or unsubscribe from our marketing emails. We will then dispose your information by removing any information relating that can be used to identify you from our system.
We keep any information used for logging API requests or interactions with our internal system for a maximum of 30 days. We will then dispose of these logs by removing any log files automatically after they have been on the system for 30 days.
We keep call information for a maximum of 1 year. We will then dispose your information by removing recordings a year after they were made.
We keep partial card details on our system until you request for it to be removed. Full credit/debit card information is kept by Square / Stripe.
We keep partial bank details on our system until you request for it to be removed. Full bank details are kept by GoCardless.
Website information is kept by Google Analytics and Hotjar.
For care club customers, basic personal information, contact information, and property information are kept on Sage for invoicing purposes.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO's address:
Information Commissioner's Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk